Having an estate agent as your significant other definitely comes with perks. So if one asks you out on a date, or for your hand in marriage, you should definitely say: YES!
Here are the top 10 reasons why:
1. You can ditch your shrink and save the money. There’s no better therapist than an estate agent.
2. Tax deductible dinners. No need to feel guilty about ordering that bottle (or 3) of Screaming Eagle Cab. Write-offs are an agent’s best friend.
3. Estate agents are tough. They don’t give up easily. When the “honeymoon stage” fades, they’re not likely to scram.
4. Since there’s no such thing as a “sure thing” in property, an agent’s hopes are tempered by realism. They take nothing for granted, and they’re practically immune to let downs.
5. Estate agents are great negotiators. If you want to vacation at the beach, and he or she prefers the mountains, guess what… yep, go pack your flannels. Which is better anyway — you’ve been to the beach too many times already.
6. Estate agents work with multiple vendors, so they’re great coordinators. Think: parties, weddings, reunions, etc. This will lighten your load down the road. You’ll thank me later.
7. Estate agents know beauty is more than skin deep. On that note, if one ever tells you that you have “good bones”, it doesn’t mean what you think it does.
8. Estate agents are easy to reach at a moment’s notice. They keep their phones on them at all times. Their livelihood depends on it.
9. Never worry about awkward social situations. Estate agents are dripping with charm and can relate to all walks of people
10. They’re skilled at breaking down complicated stuff into simple terms (ever read a sales contract?!). So when it comes time to talk about feelings and emotions, you’ll know exactly where they stand.
Have you ever dated or married an estate agent? Or are you one yourself? If so, what would you add to this list?