When the time comes to sell (or let) a property, nothing is more important than the old adage “A (good) picture is worth a thousand words”.
As all (good) agents know, a nice set of bright and professional photos can really make a difference between selling (or letting) a property and not. At RE/MAX London this is not even a rule: it’s a precondition to list a property.
Who, for instance, wouldn’t like to live in a property like this (a gorgeous Penthouse in Palace Court, W2)?
Taking good images and, if possible, staging the property are basics for any good estate agent, even in a fast-paced market as London. But, looking at the photos below, it seems some so-called “property professionals” totally ignore this simple but absolutely golden rule. These are probably some of the worst property listing photos ever.
Take the following list (taken from Terrible Estate Agent Photos) as a wacky collection of cautionary property tales — listing photos so bad you’ll cry from laughter. File them under “laughter is the best medicine”, and consider it our contribution to your health plan…
1. This cozy room makes it impossible to get out of the wrong side of the bed each morning
2. State-of-the-art kitchen designed to accommodate people with particularly fast metabolisms.
3. Does this interior please your artistic streak?
4. Cozy and Warm Bedroom
5. The best solution to optimise your space.
6. State-of-the-art security system.
7. Thanks to the Mailing Management System of this flat, your bills can automatically go right where they belong.
8. On a cold winter’s night, there’s nothing like a blazing fire…
9. Why stepping out of frame? Just hide behind the curtains…
10. Nothing’s better than a nice rug to stage a flat..
11. This living (?) room is just missing a flat screen TV
12. Shabby-Chic Cottage
13. Just needs a small cleaning…
14. Want to feel safe at home? Just fasten your seat-belts…
15. This property just needs some small refurbishments
16. The toilet of this flat is DEFINITELY working….
17. In case of rain.
18. Real Estate is really a monkey’s business…
19. Luxury bathroom with jail-style window and “crime scene” atmosphere
20. Always dreamed to live in an infested property?
If you have other examples of “creative” property listing photography, please feel free to send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org